Saturday 24 September 2011

Study Task 1: Why am I Here?

5 reasons why you chose to study on this programme:

  • Overall better knowledge and understanding of Graphic Design
  • The programmes has had consistent results of employment for students
  • It's not a 'doss' course
  • Students work from this course was more impressive than other courses
  • Leeds is a good place to live and work
5 things that you want to learn:

  • How to develop appropriate ideas quickly and efficently in response to briefs. 
  • How to use software so my ideas aren't limited to my abilities.
  • Learn how to pick and use type that works for the function intended.
  • To improve vocal and explanation skills.
  • Confidence in presenting and talking about my work.
5 Skills that are your strength:
  • Group work
  • Open minded/ experimental
  • Get work done on time
  • Drawing, doodling and generating ideas
  • Im patient and enjoy working.
5 things you want to improve:

  • Improving my organisation and structure of working, using research effectively to produce a good range of ideas.
  • To get good enough on photoshop & illustrator so I can make things look how I want them to.
  • Communication and presentation skills.
  • Layout design
  • To be more accurate with the execution of a piece of work- more perfectionist and less cutting corners. 
5 ways you will evaluate your progress:
  • Talking to others on the course and also people not on the course to see if my work is effective to people not interested in design as well.
  • Commenting on blogs and viewing other peoples work will help me evaluate my own.
  • Discussions with course tutors will be very helpful to evaluate work.
  • Comparing my final product with the initial brief and seeing if it meets the requirements.
  • Referring back to my early work which will stay on my blog will allow me to see if I am progressing as a designer.
5 questions:
  • How did graphic design work before computers?
  • What makes a successful graphic designer?
  • How do you create work like this? e.g software? time? skill?(the colourful business below)
  • dudleya3FIN-246.html.png
  • Whats the hardest/ most difficult part of being a graphic designer?
  • What are my strengths/ what do i need to imrpove?

No comments:

Post a Comment