Monday 21 November 2011

TOM HINGSTON STUDIO

After looking at a book about music graphics I came across Tom Hingston Studio who have made some amazing cover art for some great bands and artists.
These covers look hand made but I think that it is all digitally rendered. I really like this style and both of these covers  look like a lot of thought has gone into them, they are both really well considered, accurate and beautifully executed.


It was this cover for Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds that caught my attention, I was surprised how light and 'pretty' it looked for an album called 'Abattoir Blues'. The designer has thought completely outside the box and completely avoided the obvious interpretations for an album cover with such a dreary title.


They also do music promotion work for bands, here using more traditional techniques like woodcuts with a crazy amount of detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment