Tuesday 1 May 2012

Net Development- Speaking from experience




I created a box net with various tabs so I could see which one is most effective at holding the box together and also which is easiest for the user to assemble






This tab leaves some gaps at the edges as it isn't wide enough to hold the whole flap down


This flap is easily the best out of the ones I tested.

It holds it together strongly and looks neat and flush on the edges of the box. It is also relatively easy to assemble when the dimensions are measured accurately


I drew a new net that just used this tab to see if it would work for my product



The net worked well, looked neat and help together when I shook it and threw it about.



For the base it was a bit fiddley to tuck 3 'hooked' tabs in so I decided that 3 envelope tabs like this would be easier to assemble and  the tabs on the edges were strong enough to hold it all together


This bos is a scale model and is just under half the size of the actual product.
I asked a willing volunteer to try and get a pen lid out of the box, this proved difficult and the 'X' slot worked well at grabbing the users fingers. If it was bigger on thicker stock I think it would work at grabbing a hand!




No comments:

Post a Comment