Monday 20 February 2012

MANIFESTO'S

My five most important points were:

  • hate fine art gubbins
  • hate racism
  • love good illustration
  • love a well suited typeface
  • hate bad weather
These points as statements for my manifesto are:

  1.  I will not produce work which needs an explanation
  2. I will consider all ethnic groups when designing and not cause offence
  3. I will not avoid drawing because I am a 'Graphic Designer'
  4. I will search to find the perfect typeface for the job
  5. I will be glad I own a coat
My favourite points from 5 manifestos

Bruce Mau's Manifesto for Growth:
    1. Don’t be cool

  1. Cool is conservative fear dressed in black. Free yourself from limits of this sort.

I like this point, simple sort of 'be yourself' motif going on. Don't copy others.




London design festival:
  • it's no longer about 20th century debates around form or function. Good design will ensure we got a future on this planet.
Important to keep perspective on what is important and worthwhile doing. It's more important making work that makes a difference rather than just makes some people think I'm not too bad at using illustrator.

Manifesto project.it:

  • Good design is honest.
It does not make a product more innovative, powerful or valuable than it really is. It does not attempt to manipulate the consumer with promises that cannot be kept.


I like this. i think this is the biggest difference between advertising and Graphic Design. Graphic Design doesn't lie.

manifesto for happiness:

  • Outer order contributes to inner calm.
Need to tidy my room. Going to do that now.

shopaholly.com:


  • I will be silly and childish and immature. Because being silly is good for you.
Being silly is definately good for you, being silly is being human, not caring what you look like or what needs to be done, just laughing and larking about with people you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment