Monday 17 March 2014

Robot Food: 10-15th March 2014





I returned again to Robot Food as it is the place I would most like to work after College.
This time I was entirely focussed on one project which allowed me deeper insight into the design process. I was working on a new snacking product for a big brand cooking company.

This began with a trip to ASDA to photograph the snacking and cooking sauce aisles to identify what was most successful and how communication changes from cook-in sauce home cooking to on-the-go quick snacking.

After acquiring this primary research I worked on developing research boards which look into all aspects of snacking and identifying what products are dominant, dated and emergent this allowed us to see whereabouts in the market this new product would be best sitting, considering the competition.

After completing the research I was able to start on naming and concepts and then on to designing.
This week at Robot Food has been the most successful I understood the process more clearly and left a good impression with the ideas and visuals I designed for the project. This resulted in me being asked to come back for a paid week in Easter and then on to a 3 month trial placement over summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment