Monday 17 March 2014

Robot Food: 1st Week, November

The first time I spent a week at Robot Food I was working mainly on Panda Pops. Panda were rebranding to lose their association with unhealthy and fizzy drinks and give themselves a more health conscious and child friendly image.




My job was to develop a route which was based around hand drawn graphics, similar to what a child might do in a notebook/ sketchbook.
I found designing for such a young audience difficult as what I would normally consider good, the audience wouldn't and vice versa.

Robot Food use an extensive research process that they call RAD. Using this process the design research isn't restricted to direct competitors but instead a cohesive study of all the brands and products that the audience would encounter on a daily basis. This really helps to get into the mind set of a young audience and see what products are currently successful and those which aren't.

As well as working on Panda I helped out with art working packaging for print, this gave me a clear insight into the attention detail that is required in industry but that we have not yet to fully apply to our own practice as we are producing one off's for ourselves - as students.

I also worked on some social media promotion for some of Robot Food's clients, this consisted of Christmas related graphics that the companies could use for Facebook banners and posts:






No comments:

Post a Comment